Girl Talk: Julia Zemiro – teacher's pet

Girl Talk: Julia Zemiro – teacher's pet

"At school I was the teacher's pet and I don't know if you remember teacher's pets but it's hideous because other kids hate you. I was trying to please all the time and kind of, 'Look at me, I'm the most tidy, I'm the best.' It wasn't until I was a bit older when I started making people laugh because I was in a group of girls who were all funny and I remember in year 10 sitting down at lunch and going, 'Why don't we have boyfriends? Is it because we are too loud, we are a bit chubby or we talk too much?' We seriously considered how we could alter our behaviour to get a boyfriend but in the end, I was like, 'No, I would rather be who I am and do what I do and be a bit loud and if I don't have a boyfriend, then I don't really care.' Even though I'm an only child, I think I just like company. I'm drawn to people, so when I was 15, my mum enrolled me in acting classes and I thought I had found heaven."

- SBS's Rockwiz host, actor, singer, comedian and Sydney Girls High alumni Julia Zemiro, 44, once described as "the most interesting woman in Australian television" talking to Kate Waterhouse for The Sun-Herald, 24 April 2011. Another bossypants? See also: 20 Questions with Julia Zemiro.

Girl With a Satchel

0 comments: