Short & Sweet – week beginning October 17


Let's catch up: Chasing my tail, that's what I'm doing all about town and the 'net today, like the tourists who flocked to Mount Tamborine over the weekend following the Scarecrow Festival trail (apparently, Better Homes and Gardens were up here filming!). The weather took a most foul turn, and many sodden scarecrows didn't make it through the storm, but this fellow, who reminds me of my husband, seems to be in tact (I like the more traditional scarecrow; others just freak me out).
This week's agenda: Catch up on pending posts, mark university assignments, organise Swap Party (including product to auction off: can you help?), maintain sanity, spend more time with God (those latter two are surely linked).
The Word for the Week: “Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” - Proverbs 19:20-21
Quote of the Week: "I just came in for broccoli, I'd rather not be told to smack my bitch up." – Kaz Cooke, Women's Stuff
Dictionary.com Word of the Week: etiology \ee-tee-OL-uh-jee\, noun:
1. In Pathology the study of the causes of diseases.
2. Any study of causes, causation, or causality, as in philosophy, biology, or physics.
"I had the privilege to discuss the etiology of one writer's world view over toast and tea last Thursday."
Reading: "Cool to be kind", Nikki Gemmell, The Weekend Australian Magazine; "The Martin Luther King Memorial Dedication" @ The Washington Post
The Breakfast Club: Gluten-free toast with butter and honey and a flat-white over emails. Delicious.

Girl With a Satchel

0 comments: