Glossy Talk: Sarah Tarca to edit Girlfriend magazine

Glossy Talk: Sarah Tarca to edit Girlfriend

Sarah Tarca, Girlfriend's dedicated beauty and features editor, has been promoted to editor, effective immediately. Tarca has worked on the teen girls' title since 2006, at which time she assumed the role of beauty editor. 

Tarca, 30, has 10 years' experience in the magazine industry. Prior to joining Girlfriend in the role of beauty editor, Tarca had worked on Cosmopolitan magazine, as well as ACP Magazines' brand extension titles.

She has brought to Girlfriend's beauty and features pages a refreshing, upbeat and personal tone, more particularly to her monthly 'Beauty Blog', as well as a great empathy for the teen-girl world.

"Sarah’s enthusiasm, passion and creativity will bring new and exciting opportunities for Girlfriend," says Pacific Magazines youth titles publisher Mychelle Vanderburg. "With almost 10 years in the industry, Sarah brings a wealth of knowledge to the brand and I look forward to working with Sarah as she takes on this exciting new challenge."

Tarca replaces Sarah Cornish, who has left the teen magazine after being diagnosed with cancer last year. GWAS wishes Tarca all the very best for her new role while Cornish is in our prayers.

Girl With a Satchel

4 comments:

frangipani princess said...

I'm so happy to hear Sarah has been made editor! Her beauty blog has always been one of my favourite part of the mags, and the few times I've met her she's been amazingly nice and helpful. If anyone deserves to be made ed, it's definitely Sarah! I cant wait to see what she does with the mag!

Xo

Kate Moore said...

And do you know, despite my nagging, a said editor of said lovely magazine has failed to send me a copy. She's so busy being lovely... :)

julialow said...

My heart skipped a beat when I read the title of this post! Yayy Sarah Tarca! I'm very pleased to hear this because I've always loved reading her beauty blog. I love how her upbeat personality shines through her writing.

Julia x

Anonymous said...

I couldn't love this piece of news any more! Sarah Tarca is absolutely brilliant, and whilst I loved it with Sarah Cornish as editor, things change and I think the best has come out of this terrible situation. Looking forward to having Sarah as editor...but does that mean no more beauty blog?! That was the only reason I bought the magazine!