Short & Sweet - week beginning November 14

Let's catch up: Why do I write sooooo much? Is it covering all bases in a journalistic sense or covering up for some inadequacy issue? Why do I find it a psychological strain to update social media accounts? Is it wrong to pillage someone's personal life for the purpose of a story, let alone a flash-in-the-pan blog post? These are some of the questions that came up last week as I navigated my way around JUSTB and had behind-the-scenes chats with journalists. Besides that, I attended a book launch for my dear friend Aliki Flodine, who is unreal, and some other Christian authors published by Wombat Books. More on her book, Fine Lines, to come. (That's her signing a book just for me!).

This week's agenda: I am delighted to have Julia Low, a uni student and blogger and author of your fortnightly 'Digital Gloss Files', alongside me this week before she returns to Malaysia for the festive season. It is so nice to have an office/cafe companion. We shall be attending the launch of Frock Paper Scissors 2011 on Thursday night, too.
The Word for the Week: "Be careful to follow all the commands of the Lord your God, that you may possess this good land and pass it on as an inheritance to your descendants forever." King David, 1 Chronicles 28:8
Quote of the Week: "When you let go of guilt and complicated rules, you can eat what you FEEL like." Sarah Wilson
Dictionary.com word of the week: rankle \RANG-kuhl\, verb:
1. To cause keen irritation or bitter resentment in.
2. To continue to cause keen irritation or bitter resentment within the mind; fester; be painful.
"The moral obligations of responsible journalism, the need for a single watchdog and commercial hindrances for print rankle media types as we enter the second week of discussion around the Independent Media Inquiry."
Reading: 'Fiction for the Common Good' @ Qideas; 'The Entrepreneur's Guide to Coffee Shop Etiquette' @ Mashable; 'When the recession breeds kitchen creativity' @ Salon
The breakfast club: Munched down apple, yoghurt and toast this morning followed by a soy flat white. Appetite sated but I am already geared for lunch!

Girl With a Satchel

1 comments:

Footprints Australia said...

I can't believe you were at the book launch!!!! I was too!!!! Would have come up and said HI if I'd realised ...