Short & Sweet - back to the drawing board

Let's catch up: It's wonderful to start a new "school year" at Girl With a Satchel – full of hopeful expectation for what's to come: issues to discuss, people to meet, places to see; new music to listen to, books to read, films to take in; things to learn, milestones to reach and lessons to teach. After ending the year with a trip to New York and LA, it's going to be hard to top 2011, but I've already ticked one thing off my To-Do list for 2012: preaching my first sermon. I'll be sharing part of that sermon in an upcoming post about charting the course for your year in 2012.
This week's agenda: Girl With a Satchel has been undergoing some site renovations (both online and off: a shiny new office!) with still more to come as I go about organising content until it is just right.
The Word for the Week: "Noah did everything that God commanded." Genesis 6:22
Quote of the Week: "I have been on a mission my whole life to be able to give back what I have been given. Today I am fulfilling that mission... Just wait to be amazed by these girls." Oprah on the first graduating class from the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy.
Dictionary.com word for the week: desinence \DES-uh-nuhns\, noun:
1. A termination or ending, as the final line of a verse.
2. Grammar. A termination, ending, or suffix of a word.
"The new year brings both desinence to some activities and the commencement of others, given time to reflect on that which is working and what is not; a clarity of purpose procured after getting on one's knees and praying for vision."
Reading: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.

Girl With a Satchel

0 comments: