Glossy Talk: Anthology magazine living with substance & style

Glossy Talk: Anthology magazine living with substance & style

Over the weekend, my mother pulled out a giant bag of clothes I had stashed in a cupboard at her place two years ago with the intention to sell them at the markets... but never did. Rummaging through the bag, I felt like my younger self exploring a dress-up box: I was utterly delighted. "Hello, old friends!"

It's not often a magazine can replicate that feeling of old and new, but that's exactly how I feel about Anthology magazine. The delicious serendipity of stumbling across this new print publication simply must be shared, so I pass it on from Some Kind of Style to you.

The premiere Anthology, a quarterly "shelter" (as they say in the States; "interior" here) and lifestyle magazine, is out next month, taking off where Domino left. It covers home decor, travel, design, entertaining and culture. Anh-Minh Le, a contributor to The San Francisco Chronicle, is the editor-in-chief, and author/illustrator Mag Mateo Ilasco is the creative director.

Take a look at the promotional video below, then flip through curated pages and pre-order the first issue @ Anthology online.

Print Is Not Dead from Anthology Magazine on Vimeo.

And now Margaret Urlich's dreamy "Boy In The Moon" is playing on the radio. How apt. Delighted again. Thank you, God, for these little blessings.

Yours truly,
Girl With a Satchel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cover is beautiful and the video is so adorable. They remind me of the days I was into arty and crafty stuff.
Can't wait to get my hands on the first issue :)

natashajean said...

Loving the look of the magazine! Will have to keep my eyes peeled in October. I love being able to read a magazine at its first issue.

Lizzie said...

Used to love that song - thanks for the refresh Erica! :)

Erica said...

I saw your blog mention in Glamous of Dec 09 (doctor's office:) so I decided to check it out! Cute blog!

Ingrid said...

I'm looking forward to this magazine - it looks great.

I was looking at the subscription page on the Anthology website and it said that issues are only available in the US, UK and Canada. Do you know how we could get a copy or a subscription in Australia?

Thank you!

Jenna said...

Absolutely LOVE that video!!